Expanding Menus in custom pop-up menus

'Here' (http://img239.echo.cx/img239/8277/desktop5bo.jpg) is a picture
of my current desktop, is there any way i can make the folders at the
bottom of the pop up menu on the right expand? At the moment all i can
make them do is open up the folder, expanding menus like the ones found
in the start menu would be great if possible.

Cheers

-Ginge

--
GingerNinja

Here's two ways. One is WinME/XP specific and one is Win95/NT4 witrh IE4 Desktop Update or later.

Also with WinME a hidden feature was introduced that allows cascading by folder. Put a folder (not a shortcut to one) on the QL bar. Browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced
in the registry and add the following DWord value
CascadeFolderBands and set it to 1.

Win95/NT4 witrh IE4 Desktop Update (and all subsequent versions)
Overview
This tip tells you how to set this up cascading menu of any part of the system.
When the buttons of a shell toolbar are hidden in IE5/Win98 the hidden buttons act as a cascading menu, allowing quick access to everything on your computer. This includes drives, folders, files, the Control Panel, My Computer, My Documents, the Desktop, and Dial Up Networking to name a few.
The items on these cascading menus/toolbars can be clicked (doubled clicked if their a cascading item) or right clicked.
In both IE4 and IE5 Control + Click will also bring up a cascading menu from the icon if possible.

Step 1
Right click a blank part of the Taskbar, choose Toolbars, then New Toolbar... .

Choose the item that you want as the root item. The Desktop is the root item in Windows and allows access to everything else.
Repeat step 1 and 2 for as many cascading toolbars that you want

Step 3

Toolbars can be docked at any screen edge, with the Taskbar, or float on the desktop.
To move the toolbar place the mouse cursor over the toolbar name (My Documents in the above picture) and drag (press and hold the left mouse button} the toolbar to a screen edge, to where you want it on the Taskbar (keep trying, it's a bit fustrating), or into the middle of the desktop.
If you have dragged it to a screen edge different to the task bar you'll need to create another toolbar and drag that to the same screen edge and use it to cover up the icons on the cascading toolbar.
If you want it on the taskbar drag the right hand side untill all the icons are covered, leaving only the name showing.
If it is a floating toolbar drag the size until it's as small as possible.
Right click on the toolbar (but not on an icon) and set it's properties such as Icon Size, Icon Text Lables, Toolbar Title, Auto Hide (if docked), Always on Top (if docked or floating), or to delete it. Press the two double arrows to activate the cascading menu.
See Explorer Options on the Windows 98 Tips & Hacks page to lock your toolbars. Double clicking the toolbar label will auto size it